Apr 28, 2013
10 Money Saving Travel Tips
Posted in Travel
For many traveling and vacationing in a desired destination is a luxury and a dream in the current global recession. Therefore, we present you some money saving travel tips that you can still plan and go on a journey that you have always wanted without returning home with empty pockets.© Depositphotos.com/ nasirkhan
1. SightseeingCheck in advance whether there is a specific day / time when the entrance to the museum / landmark / attraction is free
2. Public transportation
3. Food and Drink
4. Organized toursInquire about the types of tours offered (what they offer, how long, how much they cost, how popular they are, do others recommend those tours, and if you have time to read the experiences of people who have been on this tour and what their impressions and recommendations are) and opt for the one that gives you the most benefit where you will get more for less money, the one that saves you time in one day to be able to walk around and see as much as possible.
5. Phone services
6. SouvenirsSouvenirs are memories of the country where you've been and as they are made to "take your money out of your pocket." often encourage an unplanned purchase that you may later regret. You must, therefore, distinguish cool souvenirs that you really like and those you don't, will they serve the purpose back home, and which are unnecessary. Also keep in mind that you need to transport souvenirs home, especially if they are fragile, heavy, bulky, etc.
7. CurrencyIf you want to buy something abroad, and are unsure whether to pay cash or credit card, compare the amount of the fee for currency exchange offered by banks and exchange offices abroad (i.e. euros or dollars in local currency) with the height fees that your credit card companies typically charge for conversion rates when billing for consumption because maybe some things are ultimately cheaper to buy with a card, rather than pay cash!
8. Miscellaneous:If you are traveling provides some possibility of the "once in a lifetime" that would be good to put to use, but usually "cost", decide what you really want to experience, "reject" the rest and stand firm in your decision
9. Couch surfingOne great way of travelling, saving money at the same time meeting new people is to do it by couch surfing. Couch surfing is the new travel trend where people travel and instead of staying in hotels, hostels or private accommodation they stay on people's couches hence the name couch surfing.
10. Booking a hotel roomIf you haven't booked accommodations before traveling look for it during later hours. Hotels that are not fully booked will rent you a room at a lower price. It's better for them than if the room is empty, as it is for you.
Find Us Online
Top Blog Posts